January/February 2009 Offers
- We are currently offering 5% discount off all Design Packs and an extra 5% if you book more than room. Book before the 1st March 2009 to receive this fantastic offer.
- It may not be a great time to move house at the moment but it's the perfect time to have a thorough de-clutter and organise your home. Whilst doing so plan your decorating needs and take advantage of the great offers available in the DIY and interior stores.
- Whether your planning a new extension, conservatory or simply assessing each room and deciding which rooms look tired and need a revamp, it's a good time to start making plans for your new project. Take advantage of our 5% discount offer (see above) and you can sit back and allow us to trawl the shops, plan your space and storage and look forward to the prospect of fresh new organised rooms.
- Technology and gadgets are now are huge part of our everyday lives yet can take up a lot of space in our homes. When purchasing items for the home such as computers or media players consider wireless options where possible. Not only will you avoid unsightly trailing leads but will also have the flexibility to move items or put them away when you are not using them. Media units with a combination of open shelving and cupboards will house all your entertainment gadgets, dvds, cds and games neatly as well as disguising the leads and sockets behind.
important if you are sharing your work space with a housemate or the rest of your family. Consider dedicating stacking trays, folders or even shelves to each person and label these so that everyone has somewhere to store their own stationary and projects.
- If you are fortunate enough to have a dedicated home office/study then think about how storage can make the most of this space and create a comfortable and organised place to work. This is especially
If your home office doubles as another room, such as a dining room, playroom or guest bedroom then invest in some smart storage to enable you to hide it all away such as a desk unit with closing doors, fabric covered storage boxes and stools that lift up to reveal storage compartments.
can source to help organise your home.
Here's a taste of some of the innovative furniture and products that Loveyourhome
Recycled Newspaper Print
Organise a busy household
Slide back the top of this coffee table to reveal hidden storage
Encourage the kids to clear away their clutter
Make storage fun!
This slim cabinet is perfect where
space is limited as it has a fold
down desk and storage shelves
It's a book that's a bookshelf!
Create a home
you really love
- Feng Shui is the art of balancing and harmonising the flow of natural energies in our surroundings to create beneficial effects in our lives.
- Followers of this Ancient art believe that clutter presents an obstacle to the flow of Chi (energy) in your home and that clearing your clutter and organising your space can have a positive effect. Areas to concentrate on would be bedrooms, as this is where you wake up each morning, and entrances to your home. Clear clutter from under your bed by using pull out storage trays on wheels or storage boxes.
- Streamline your wardrobe to make it easier to find what you need in the morning and clear your bedside table so the first thing you see in the morning is a calm tidy space. Move unnecessary items out of the hallway to allow free passage into and out of the house. If you have space then add hooks, cupboards or shelving to store shoes and bags. Keep the space light and bright to avoid a gloomy feel.
- Regardless of Chi, de-cluttering and organising your home will doubtless help you feel more organised and energised in general. Make the most of the light evenings coming this Spring and sort out that cupboard you have been meaning to for ages!